Mount Bromo National Park is one of the best place for photography wherein The photographers enjoy Mount Bromo Milky Way Tour at midnight only to wait for The Milky Way appearance from the highest peak or “Mount Pananjakan” and other high peak such as Mentigen Hill, Kingkong Hill and Seruni Point (the second view point). They start enjoy the Milky Way at 01:00 AM from the nearby hotel by Bromo Jeep 4WD and wait the Milky Way appearance at 01:30 on the high peak have decided until finish at 05:00 AM. After finish enjoy Bromo Milky Way, the photographers usually continue enjoy Mt Bromo Sunrise at 05:20 AM and ended with taking photo for Mount Bromo View because from the high peak, all the views will seem very amazing and able catch all the parts of Mount Bromo such as Mount Batok, Bromo Crater and a wide Sea of Sand that surrounded Mount Bromo Java Island, Indonesia.
Bromo Milky Way Tour only has duration for 2 Days and 1 Night and it’s almost similar with Bromo Midnight Tour many famous portrait photographers stay in this mountain until 3 Days and some of them spend their time until 4 Days. They feel saturated in Mount Bromo after known the comfortable atmosphere and circumstande. besides they like its atmosphere, they also feel convenience to the native peoples which always welcome the visitors coming friendly and hospitably. Mount Bromo has temperature between 18 – 21 degree centigrade at day time and 05 – 10 degree centigrade at night, the temperature is not too freeze than Mount Semeru (the highest volcano in Java Island at 3,676 meters above sea level). Bromo volcano has an altitude at 2,329 metres above sea level, it is still lower than other Mountain in Java Island but it is the most popular in East Java Province, Indonesia until many famous portrait photographers enjoy Milky Way Tour in Mt Bromo.
Before enjoy “Milky Way Tour” to Mount Bromo, the terms of gear and software might need for photographers as follows :
- An Advanced Camera
You can set up a camera in full manual setting aperture, shutter speed and ISO. manually focus the camera, because the focus in the evening will certainly be a challenge for the autofocus system, requires a sophisticated DSLR or mirrorless camera that can handle well at high ISO noise with a good camera like the Canon 60Da for astrophotography.
- A Quick Lens – you can use interchangeable lens camera with a good lens, fast-aperture wide-angle (ideally at f / 1.4 – f / 2.8 max aperture range) to be able to photograph the stars fast prime lens that is doing very well open. you can use the lens Sigma 35mm f / 1.4, Nikon 24mm f / 1.4G and Nikon 14-24mm f / 2.8g. All three are very sharp at maximum apertures (wide open), so they are more suitable for night photography. If you are using a Canon, you can get the Sigma 35mm f / 1.4 Canon mount and Canon also has a 24mm f / 1.4L in his arsenal. There is no equivalent 14-24mm, but you can use either the 16-35mm f / 2.8L well. Unfortunately, all these lenses are very expensive, so if you do not want to spend more than a thousand dollars, the Sigma 35mm f / 1.4 would be my recommendation above. If you do not plan to do astrophotography very often, budget f / 1.8 lens is also a great alternative. For example, the Nikon 28mm f / 1.8G or Canon 28mm f / 1.8 is also a good choice for astrophotography and photographers.
- A Sturdy Tripod – you will be shooting long exposures (10-15+ seconds), so a sturdy tripod is a must-have. You do not want a flimsy tripod that will shake like crazy during the exposure, especially if there is light wind.
- Sky Map App – Use a good app for your iPhone or star running Google Sky Map for Android can show you exactly where the Milky Way is being or will be, which can help a lot with planning your shots.
- Post-Processing Software – This process is usually used by the photographers to be able to process your images in a good software to get the best quality and bring out the details with Adobe Photoshop Elements or for astrophotography. Lightroom can be used as well, but it is not flexible enough to do things like level and cloning tools / advanced removal place (to remove the aircraft and other objects of the shot, etc.). Post-processing is a big part of astrophotography, so I would highly recommend to get a good software for the job if you do not already have.
- Flashlight – a good flashlight for photographers is not only useful to find a good spot at night, but can also be used for light painting at night, if you have interesting foreground elements.
- Remote Camera Trigger – remote camera trigger (for 30+ second exposures), hand/leg warmers (if shooting in cold) and more, but those are optional for photographers, depend on conditions and what you are trying to achieve.
Mount Bromo Milky Way Tour for photographers
Mount Bromo Milky Way Tour very possible reached from Surabaya, Malang, Banyuwangi and Bali Island. Most photographers from Asia and other countries start visiting from Surabaya Airport, Jogjakarta and Bali, They visit Mount Bromo not only enjoy The Milky Way, some of them enjoy Mount Bromo Honeymoon tour with their lovers or newlyweds. If they have not time for other tourism objects, they usually enjoy Mt Bromo midnight tour without needed to stay in the hotel. For detail information about Milky Way Tour, Mt Bromo tour price, hotel reseravtion and Jeep Rental in Mt Bromo, you can contact Us here
Below is the tour package option to enjoy Mount Bromo Milky Way :
- Mount Bromo and Madakaripura Waterfall Tour for 2 Days
- Mount Bromo, Ijen Crater tour package for 3 Days
- Valentines Day Tour 2015 to Mount Bromo
- Rental Jeep Centre in Mount Bromo